Over time, businesses are moving towards technology-driven solutions to optimize their routine operations. Workday is the renowned cloud-based ERP solution developed to help businesses manage their human resources, planning, and financial operations. Workday releases regular updates to enhance the existing features.
For instance, Workday Feature Release 2023R2 is the most recent one that brings new enhancements for the Financial and Human Capital Management modules. Hence, Workday testing becomes crucial to check whether the application works properly. Apart from this, automation testing is one of the best ways to reap the maximum benefits of the Workday platform. In this blog, we will discuss core areas where testing is crucial, along with the benefits. We will also discuss the key tips to avail the maximum benefits.
Core Areas Where Workday Testing Is Needed
- Financial and HR teams depend on Workday to carry out their routine tasks; hence, it becomes imperative to deploy the modules correctly. So, security and configuration testing becomes crucial during the implementation. Apart from this, user acceptance testing is also needed to check whether the software is working as intended by the user.
- Workday APIs are open to customers without any additional charges. As a result, many customers have built their own native apps and functions to support their business processes. Now, Workday can be integrated with third-party apps, and customers can now have their new business processes. With this, Workday testing becomes crucial to ensure that any changes or modifications introduced do not impact the existing functionality.
- The frequent updates of Workday give testing a critical angle. For instance, the occasional updates released comprise new features and bug fixes. Apart from this, the recent updates Workday Feature Release 2023R2 bring the improvement in finance and human capital management modules & testing to help determine that the existing system may not get negatively impacted.
Benefits of Automated Workday Testing
Improved Test Coverage
Automation testing empowers the creation of a wide array of test cases. Hence, comprehensive test coverage can be achieved, and the risk of missing the important test cases can also be reduced to a large extent. Ultimately, businesses can achieve improved test coverage, which determines the reliability and stability of the system.
Consistency and Better Insights
Manual testing is more prone to errors, and regular testing of the same test cases leads to monotony for employees. By implementing automated Workday testing, repetitive tasks can be executed multiple times, and employees can focus on other critical tasks. Due to this, consistent outcomes can be achieved, and automation helps get better insights about test suite cases.
Automated test scripts can be reused multiple times across different projects and test cycles. This reusability of test cases optimizes the time and resources during Workday updates or customization. Moreover, formerly recognized issues can be tested in subsequent releases, facilitating businesses to maintain the system’s integrity.
Better Risk Handling
Workday aids businesses in handling basic yet imperative operations, like payroll and finance management. Any sort of interruption in these operations may affect productivity. Automated testing helps ensure the potential threat or risk before it arises, thus enabling organizations to better risk handling and mitigation simultaneously.
Though the initial investment is needed in establishing the automated testing frameworks but in the long run, it can prove to be one of the most viable options. Automated testing optimizes the cost associated with manual labor. Overall, the implementation of automation testing is a wise investment to generate longer-term returns and financial benefits.
Tips to Get the Maximum Benefits of Workday Automation Testing
- A comprehensive understanding of Workday workflows and functionality helps determine the potential areas of automation that can add value to the Workday testing process.
- Choosing the right automation tool or platform is imperative to streamline the testing process. The advent of technology has introduced people to new-age technology, and as a result, they come across codeless test automation tools. Well, it is a way to perform testing with limited coding or programming knowledge.
- Defining the testing objectives helps you know the specific areas and scenarios that need to be automated. It is not the case every time that all test cases need to be automated. Prioritizing test cases enhances the quality of test coverage. Prioritize test cases based on factors like frequency of use, criticality, and complexity.
- Developing a robust and comprehensive test automation framework with proper guidelines, best practices, etc., paves the way for improved Workday testing.
In a nutshell, it can be well-estimated that automation Workday testing is one of the reliable ways to make the most of the Workday platform. Choosing the right strategy and tool helps streamline the testing process.
Opkey is a renowned no-code test automation tool in the market that makes use of new-age technologies, like AI. Its key technical features, no-code test builder, and drag-and-drop interface enhance the overall aspects of testing. For instance, due to its codeless feature, business and technical users can automate their Workday application testing quickly. Overall, it is one of the reliable solutions to avail of the maximum benefits from your Workday platform.