The business uses the most advanced technologies in the field of delivery of goods and correspondence of goods. One of the most popular technologies that significantly improves logistics is the Parcel Lockers chain. A Parcel Locker is a block of self-service lockers from which people collect their mail or purchases. It works in a similar way to a post office, but there are no specific opening hours, staff or queues.
In this article, we will tell you how Parcel Lockers improved business logistics and helped optimize costs.
Parcel Lockers: Why are they important for business?
Automated self-service lockers have proven themselves well for a number of reasons:
- Saving time for clients and employees. Users can send and receive mail without having to visit a post office, saving them time. Businesses can use Parcel Lockers to process internal correspondence more efficiently, reducing the time employees spend going to post offices.
- Reducing the cost of renting premises. Automated mail lockers can be installed in a variety of public areas, allowing businesses to save on the cost of renting additional post office space.
- Optimization of logistics and delivery. The use of postal boxes can reduce logistics costs, as they allow you to more efficiently organize the processes of sending and delivering postal items.
- Reducing personnel costs. The automated mail processing process at Parcel Lockers can reduce the reliance on human staff, which reduces labor costs.
- Increased customer satisfaction. The convenience of boxes allows customers to send and receive mail at a time that suits them, resulting in improved service and customer satisfaction.
- Efficient parcel management. E-commerce businesses (and beyond) can use Parcel Lockers to efficiently manage their mailings and reduce the time spent on processing and delivery.
- Environmental benefits. Fewer visits to post offices translate into lower carbon emissions and other environmental benefits.
Overall, Parcel Lockers provide businesses with the ability to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of processes associated with mail processing and delivery. Many companies even order ready-made Parcel Lockers solutions for business – that is, creating and launching your own chain of smart lockers.
What do Parcel Lockers users get?
They also have many benefits. Firstly, customers can choose the Parcel Locker where they want to pick up their parcel – for example, near their home or work. Secondly, no one except them can receive a parcel or mail – the security is so thought out that theft is practically impossible.
Thirdly, there is no limitation on operating time. If a person is comfortable, he can pick up the capacity of the cell even in the middle of the night. It is also worth noting that each recipient can track the movement of his parcel, and he receives a notification that the shipment is in place and can be picked up.